Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Four Days in Heaven

We spent four wonderful days on Lake Ontario with hubby's parents. They have the most adorable "cupcake" cottage on a little bay. We went for walks, ate delicious fresh fruits and veggies, went fishing and just relaxed. I finished New Moon by Stephanie Meyer....WOW, I really liked it and I enjoyed answering "What are you reading?" with "Vampires and Werewolves"...HA!

I have lots of other beautiful photos that I wanted to share but evidently Blogger and I are not on speaking terms this morning....I'll try again later.....

Here is the update on Plankton: He is now about in its 22nd week of development (at the start of month 6, the last month in the second trimester), is 8.4 inches (21.3cm) from crown to rump and weighs about 1.2 pounds (544g). He is starting to produce white blood cells, mostly for combating disease and infection, and may respond to Mom's touch or sounds.

Mom Update: I am feeling great!, more energy and have started NESTING....my belly is getting bigger. I finally look pregnant even for those who don't know me, which is fun. I still have days I am tired or get indigestion but that's all par for the course. Plaknton kicks/punches/dances/head buts all day long now. It's fun to feel him moving all around in his little womb.

I am knitting a shawl, small baby sweater (for a gift), socks (for a gift) and will soon begin Plankton's "coming home" hat. I am feeling the knitting "crunch". My list to TRY to get done before Plankton's arrival are:
Vest for baby
Kimono for baby
Coming Home Hat for baby (DH wants one too...we'll see)
Magic Shawl for me (great nursing cover up)...almost done
Felted Boots for baby (the pattern is so adorable)
Baby Surprise Jacket
Ophelia "vest/cardigan" for me

I am also taking a Sock and Sweater class at YNS, we'll see how far I get :-) I know it's a lot to try to get done before December as well as get the nursery and rest of the house ready.....but it's knitting so every stitch is fun and as much as I can get done will be wonderful!

1 comment:

mamaparlette said...

You do look absolutely adorable. The glow looks good on you! (Never seemed to do much for me!)
Keep us posted on what sorts of things you'll want or need for babyshower time. (This question is coming from a non knitter. Baked goods I can do. Knitting...not so much!)
:)